Mini Sport Limited understands that privacy is important to our customers and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online.
At Mini Sport Ltd we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described in this policy and in line with your rights under the law.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Mini Sport Limited of Thompson Street, Padiham, Lancashire BB12 7AP, and Company Number: 1528322/ VAT Number: 175 5483 36.
The role of Data Protection Officer is fulfilled by the directors of Mini Sport Ltd and can be contacted via the following email address: email@example.com
1. Your information belongs to you, therefore we offer full disclosure as to the data held and ensure that it is available to you upon request.
2. We will protect your data in line with industry standards.
3. We only process your data for the following reasons:
1. For business purposes that are either necessary to fulfil the relationship between customer and brand.
2. Where documentation is required to be kept for legal purposes
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Depending on the way in which you use our site, we may collect and process some or all of the following personal data from you:
1. Any information you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
4. Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
5. Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To set up and manage your account to enable you to place orders and communicate with you regarding our orders.
2. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
3. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
4. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
5. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
6. To notify you about changes to our service.
7. To contact you if we believe you have a legitimate interest in receiving the information. For more information about our legitimate interest policy, which is detailed below.
It will in most cases be necessary to share your data with third parties including, but not limited to, delivery companies and our banks/PayPal. We trust all of the third parties we engage with to protect your data as we do.
Other than data we need to retain for legal purposes such as transaction history, we will only keep your data on file for maximum of six months.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted (using SSL technology.) Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
SHARING YOUR DATA
Mini Sport LTD will share your data with third party data processors that are required in order for our business to function. These data processors include but are not restricted to:
1. Logistics Partners- our network of partners that enable us to fulfil your delivery and returns processes
2. Any legal regulators or law enforcement agencies that may require us to share information with them for business purposes
3. Email Service Providers- such as Mailchimp
4. Social Media Platforms- including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
5. Paid Search Platforms- including Google Adwords and Bing Ads
Please note that selected third parties that require doing so may send transactional SMS messages in order to update you on the delivery of your item.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If Mini Sport Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Mini Sport Ltd about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN’S DATA
Children under 13 are not permitted to purchase from our sites due to EEA laws regarding the age at which you can provide consent to data processing.
HOW YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA
You will only be contacted if you have opted in by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data and will specify if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third parties for such purposes.
We want you to have in control over your information and so we commit to giving you the ability to do the following:
1. Access, amend, verify or withdraw any information held about you. You can also request a copy of the data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Opt out of/ unsubscribe from marketing communications. This can be done within any marketing email sent to you or by contacting email@example.com.
Exercise your right to be forgotten if you no longer wish for us to store any of your personal details. Should you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating this and all applicable data will be deleted from our systems. Some data may not be able to be deleted for legal reasons such as transactional history.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and system administration.This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
1. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
2. To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
3. To speed up your searches.
4. To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept non essential cookies by turning them off via a pop up which will appear on your first visit to the site. Please note if you clear your cookies the pop up will appear again when you next return.
LEGITIMATE INTEREST STATEMENT
The contacting of customers and relevant parties, will only be exercised under what Mini Sport Ltd, and the brands within it, deem the requirement of the contact, and use of the customer’s data as a legitimate interest in the reason for contact.
Mini Sport LTD and its brands (CooperCarCompany, PaddyHopkirkMini, MiniGenuineParts) shall only contact a person who we believe has a legitimate interest in the communication. This will in all cases be because the customer has previously purchased a product from Mini Sport, has indicated an interest in the products provided by the brands, or may have a professional interest in the company and the services it provides.
This includes the customer abandoning a shopping cart online before order completion for a period of up to 28 days, previous purchase/s within the last 1 year, or where the customer has requested to be added to the newsletter campaign emails on one of Mini Sport Ltd’s brand sites. This would have been either by opting in, at the checkout, or by signing up via the newsletter sign up forms, or by opting in to receive offers from Mini Sport, via third party collaborative competitions.
The channels for which a LIA (Legitimate Interest Assessment) has been conducted are as follows:
2. Direct Marketing (including SMS and postal)
3. PPC Retargeting
5. Social Media
6. Customer Services
(1) Strictly Necessary Cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use the site’s features, such as adding products to your bag.
(2) Performance Cookies – this allows us to understand the number of users our site receives, how they use it, and where we can make improvements for the benefit of our customers. We may also use this anonymised information to create internal reports and to help us improve the website.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on our sites, these cookies will remember your preferences so we can make your experience as continuous and seamless as possible.
By continuing to use this site, you are implying consent to the placement of the cookies listed and for the purposes also described above. By using our site, you agree to the placement of these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
If you do want to delete or prevent any cookies that are already on your computer, you can do so within your chosen browser, and visiting the settings. For more information about cookies, visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your on-site experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of some of the certain functions of our site, which means you would limit the experience we pride ourselves on providing.